Consider these two health club owner concerns:
- Are your liability waivers strong enough to hold your business harmless?
For example, a gym member slipped and fell on the swimming pool deck of her California health club. While the Superior Court of Los Angeles upheld the waiver, the Appeals Court reversed the ruling stating the club was negligent. Waivers are never a guarantee against liability claims. You need the
strength of good liability insurance for that. It's good business to
invest in a solid insurance program anyway, for other protections and
- Is the media message that stresses the health benefits of exercise, including the First Lady’s program against childhood obesity, causing non-traditional members to come to your facility?
Clubs are seeing more seniors, children, and overweight people in their facilities. These new members, while welcome business, may be unfamiliar with the variety of equipment found in health and fitness clubs.
NY Health and NY Fitness Club Insurance Plan
It is important that you select a comprehensive health and fitness insurance plan that addresses the above two concerns, as well as the many other aspects of your business. For instance, The Health and Fitness Insurance program offered by Blitzer and Brooks-Waterburn makes the following coverages available:
- Tanning Liability
- Day Nursery
- Abuse and Molestation
- Professional Liability with limits up to $1 million per incident and $3 million aggregate available in most states
- Electronic Data Processing
- Business Income and Extra Expense
- Employed and Sub-Contractors including Lifeguards, Nurses, Dietitians, Physical Therapists, and Aerobic Fitness and Racquetball Instructors
- Liquor Liability
- Property Coverage for Automatic External Defibrillators (AED)
- Property of Customers in Your Care, Custody or Control
You may also be eligible for interest free installments with this plan.
Get a no obligation quote today by completing the form above. It’s fitness for your insurance!